For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. ~ Philippians 2:13

Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Waiting Game (40 week pic included!) and Fun Times

 Part I
The Waiting Game

Today is my due date. I am now 40 weeks pregnant. As you can see by the picture, Squishy Bug is still on the inside. This is not at all surprising considering that I have never delivered before my EDD. I thought yesterday might be the day, but nope, he decided to stay put for awhile longer. If history repeats itself, I will probably give birth within the next week but have a chance of going two more. B was almost a 42 weeker but the other two came before 41 weeks (W @ 40w 3d, A @ 40w 6d). Now I just have to sit back and wait. Ok, there is probably not a whole lot of sitting in my future but you know what I mean.

In fact, today started out quite busy. Here is what I had accomplished by 7AM:

Got up
Dressed two toddlers
Fed one toddler
Dealt with a toddler tantrum (toddler wanted to sit in daddy's chair, daddy said no)
Tried to feed toddler, failed
Dealt with toddler tantrum, take two (toddler didn't want to wear bib)
Attempted to again feed toddler, failed
Dealt with toddler tantrum, take three (toddler wanted mommy to cart her around, mommy said no)
Got dressed
Toddler finally ate breakfast
Made bed
Made some much needed coffee
Checked Facebook for any baby news
Took belly pic
Kept one toddler from killing the other over a book
Got last child out of bed
Fed child
Kept toddlers from maiming each other over what kind of tower to build with blocks
Started to strain yogurt
Started to write blog post

If this is any indication of how this day is going to go, I am going to need more coffee!!


Part II
Fun Times




Speaking of not sitting down much, I took the kiddos to the McDonald's Playland the other day. I realized it had been probably about a year since they had gone and I thought it would be a nice for them to have a special day before the baby came.

The boys had a blast! Last time we came, B was too scared to play. This time he took to it like a fish to water.

(Pic removed)
This is what Little Miss did - eat. She had very little interest in playing. She did try the toddler area but quickly lost interest and came back to eat.

(Pic removed)
Random pic of the boys sleeping. Why I bother having a full size bed for them is beyond me. They don't need it. A twin would suffice for all three since they love squishing together all night anyway. Most nights they don't even take up half the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment