For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. ~ Philippians 2:13

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Contentment

Yesterday I was sitting in my backyard, sipping iced coffee and reading a book while watching my little ones play in the sunshine. In that moment I realized something: I was perfectly content with life. I needed nothing, I wanted nothing. I was content. It was an awesome feeling! One which I plan on encouraging and continuing in my life. Sure, my life isn't perfect, my house isn't the biggest or the best, I don't have the latest and the greatest gadgets on the market, my clothes are all technically 'out of fashion' but I have what really matters - Christ the Lord and a family who loves me. With that, I am content.

Now a few pictures from our week:

With all the rain, the puddle at the end of the driveway has been rather large lately. The kiddos love playing in it!

(Pic removed)
It's a good thing children and their clothing are washable.

A with daddy, singing songs. She loves singing with daddy! When he walks in the door after work she runs up to him and begs him to play Signing Time songs for her, lol. Signing Time and 'Wawwy' (translation, Larry).

The boys are really into superheros. Spiderman is B's favorite, Superman and Batman are W's favorites. They even have superhero sandals. The other day the boys were playing and W was Superman, B was Donkey Superman (not really sure what that was all about but he was having a great time) and A was designated as Spiderman. Boys are fun :)

Quick baby update:
I am now past the 39 week point. All things considered, I am quite comfortable. While I would love to meet my little man, I am ok with being pregnant. I have actually been enjoying this pregnancy, a new concept for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment