For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. ~ Philippians 2:13

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Tide Free & Gentle

A couple of months ago I received some Tide Free & Gentle to review for a website. I decided to write a review here as well.

I have a child with sensitive skin (W) who will get irritated using many of the regular detergents. Whether it is the dye, the perfume, some weird ingredient, or a combination of the three, I have no idea. Up to this point, I had not used one of the dye and perfume free detergents on the market, opting instead to make my own laundry detergent. Since I am über cheap (haha), I wasn't all that interested in trying a product that would cost more for the same result as my own detergent. However, when the opportunity to test some out for free came along, I took it.

I was very impressed.

Although I had low expectations in the beginning, Tide Free & Gentle lived up to its claim of getting clothes clean and taking out the stains (see claim here). Not only did W do just fine, but our clothes came out nice and clean. No irritation, no nasty skin breakouts, nothing. In fact, you couldn't tell the difference between the two detergents. The only down side is that this detergent does have a chemical-ly (is that even a word? No? Oh well.) smell to it. That I didn't really like but the results were great.

Now, the big question here is, will I switch? The answer is no. I would recommend this detergent to anyone who needed a good, dye free detergent for sensitive skin or a new baby and has no desire to make their own. Since it works just as well as my own, homemade detergent, I will keep using mine since it is more cost effective. I would gladly use Tide Free & Gentle if I could not make my detergent for some reason. It is a great back up and I am glad I know what to use if necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment