For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. ~ Philippians 2:13

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Hannah's Feeding a Crowd When Times Are Tough Menu, 11/27/16

I will be blogging more about things I am passionate about, including homeschooling and frugal living tips. As part of the frugal living I will be posting a weekly menu. Now this is not going to be a healthy eating on a budget or Tips from Hannah the Health Guru. Nopity nope nope. These menus, for now, will be focusing on truly frugal, 'filling bellies' eating. Not that I don't care about health, I do. It is just that for now I do not have the budget to reflect healthy eating. Most 'healthy eating on a budget' menus that I have found have a much higher weekly food budget or far fewer people to feed. A lot of this is made up of canned, made from scratch, or on sale items, whatever is cheaper when I go out shopping.

Enjoy!

Please note, we always have a homemade pizza night and a taco night. Sometimes I do full on tacos, sometimes I do a salad, and other times I do a salad with tortilla chips.

Sunday - Pizza night 🍕 (My phone gives me emoticon suggestions. It thought I ought to have a pizza slice. I agreed.)

Monday - Roast chicken with green beans, potato wedges, fruit (I will be making bone broth with the carcass)

Tuesday - Taco night

Wednesday - Cheese omelets with toast and fresh fruit

Thursday - Hotdogs with chips, baked beans, and salad

Friday - Pancakes with turkey bacon (since we don't eat pork) and fruit

Saturday - Leftovers. I will be making extra omelets and pancakes just for this meal, to be sure we have enough food for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment