For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. ~ Philippians 2:13

Monday, November 28, 2016

Some weekend pics

It was beautiful this past weekend! Hubby and I took the kids out to the trail near our house so the kids could ride their bikes. Or rather, bikes and scooter. Master J, 3, does not have a bike yet. I really like this trail because it is a loop that is about 1/3 of a mile long. I can sit in the grassy part in the middle and see the entire thing, and therefore all my children. It is a good opportunity for them to have some freedom and independence and still be supervised. They love it too!

The older three taking a break from biking to follow a grasshopper through the grass.  

Annnd a picture of me with the baby. Er, toddler. I have been trying to be sure to include myself in our family outings. I don't want my kids to look back in 20 years and wonder where mom was (behind the camera of course, lol). I am not keen on pics of myself, especially after all the fluff having five kids has added to my frame but, insanely dry lips aside, this one isn't so bad. At least my hair is fixed 😂

Master J, abandoning his scooter to run as fast as his three year old legs would carry him.

Four of my five children, with hubby. Notice Miss R, 17 months now, wandering far ahead. She was having a ball and wore her toddler self out. This may or may not have been part of mommy's diabolical plan all along, muwahahahaha!

Biking together. Sometimes they stayed together, other times they dashed off in all directions. Miss A (right) is a speedy little thing! She learned how to ride without training wheels on her older brother's bike. Every day for two weeks she would go out, get on his bike, go a few feet, and fall. Then up again, a few more feet, then on the ground again. Her determination finally paid off and she got it down without falling. She could barely reach his pedals so we decided that she needed a bike of her own. Pink with sparkles. She loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment