For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. ~ Philippians 2:13

Friday, November 25, 2016

Huggies Slip-On Diapers Review (old post)

So this is old, a review I wrote for some diapers I received (specifically to review) when my oldest daughter, Miss A, was little. She is now 5 years old, lol. I don't even know if these even exist any longer but here is the review anyway:

 My daughter has always been an independent little thing and toddler hood has brought this to a whole new level. At 20 months she can dress herself completely, from undressing to putting her socks and shoes on. EXCEPT her diaper - that has frustrated her very much! That was the best part about using the Huggies Slip-Ons, she could do it herself. She loved it! From the very first diaper change, she was able to take off her diaper and put a new one on (provided she had not pooped, of course). The diaper fit her well and she was able to put it on and take it off with ease.

There were two things about this diaper that I didn't like.

Maybe it is because I am an experienced mom (I have four children), but this diaper was not nearly as convenient as a regular disposable diaper. I can change a child standing up with a regular diaper very quickly, without having to remove any articles of clothing. This diaper, I had to remove her pants/shorts in order to put it on her, which was very inconvenient in certain situations. Take going out as an example. A couple weeks ago I was out with the kids and we took a bathroom break. My daughter had shoes, tights, and pants on at the time. I hate public restrooms and try to keep my kids as sanitary as possible. With a regular disposable, I was able to simply pull down her pants and tights, take it off, put it on, and pull up her pants again without laying her down on the changing table or having to remove her shoes and pants while doing it. Now, the Slip-Ons do have tabs that undo and redo but these are harder to work than the regular tabs while standing up. Maybe I just have more experience with the other tabs and with practise could do it with ease, but that was what I found.

The other issue was that these are not nearly as absorbent as the diapers I currently use. They also are not good for night diapers for heavy wetters. I cannot remember the last time my daughter leaked while using the generic diapers we usually use but she had several leaks with the Huggies Slip-Ons.

No comments:

Post a Comment